Although her name is 'Sunshine'
Finishing a couple of projects that have been on the 'back burner' for a while - to keep being creative.
I have been wanting a 'sunshine yellow' Makie for as long as I have known you could dye Makies I guess....but never had one suitable to dye or that I wanted to until fairly recently when I sorted through them yet again and selected one for the plunge!
This girl was the victim to be....
I found some dye locally....and took her to pieces and cleaned her up.
The dye didn't work! So I perused good ol' Amazon and bought 'next day delivery' as I am impatient some Rit dye which I was told will work.
This is the colour I used.
Very unscientifically I added the salt...then realised it said to add vinegar for nylon...so thought that would be better and gaily added some white wine vinegar (which was all I had) to the mix.
It seemed to do the trick!
Here she is.
I am hoping she will work her magic and bring us some sunshine that lasts more than an hour or so!
Trying wig on for size...she is actually hoping for a bright blue one.
First dress made - colours of nature.