Wednesday 14 August 2013

One pattern four different dolls.

I have four small dolls, two by Corolle Les Cheries, one by Paola Reina and one by White Balloon.  One of the Les Cheries dolls, a red head called Clara was given to me for Christmas by my Mother in Law and up until a few days ago I hadn't made anything for them (apart from some knitting earlier in the year and last year)  I wanted a versatile pattern that would fit at least two of the dolls.  I was very pleased to find a pattern that actually fits four different dolls!  Although similar in size they do actually have quite different body shapes.  Now this sharing of clothes probably wouldn't always work - particularly given the body size of Sasha Toddler, but due to the type of pattern this is, it works really well.



Gotz Sasha Toddler, White Balloon Natterer Toddler doll, Paola Reina Christi, Corolle Les Cheries Chloe.




My Christmas girl Clara



Christi


Gotz Sasha Toddler


Bonnie


White Balloon Natterer Toddler


Same pattern, different fabric



Paola Reina Christi



Corolle Les Cheries Chloe



Yes the poor girls could do with some shoes!  But they will have to wait.  At least they now each have a summer dress.




5 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise to wake up this morning and see this new post. Such beautiful young ladies and the dresses are perfect...so feminine and little girly. I'd love to know where you got this pattern. I have a recently purchased Les Cheries doll, and she's still in her ballerina outfit. Your fabric choices are so pretty. All these little girls remind me of flowers in a garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern I used is for 11 1/2 inch Bethany page 134/135 from ‘The Closetful of Doll Clothes’ by Rosemarie Ionker ISBN 1932485325

      There is another one (book Dressing Dolls) that has a similar pattern - but the sleeves have been omitted for some reason!

      Delete
  2. So cute! It's nice to have such a versatile pattern for your little ones. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dollies look great! The dress looks completley different on each one. It would be intetesting to see a photo of all of them together. I have a Paola Reina doll and I have that Ionker book too - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I hope you have enjoyed it.