I thought I would try making one more dress out of the pretty self striping wool I had left, but this time adding long sleeves. I'm quite proud of myself for attempting this as usually I am very much a follow the pattern person, but this pattern didn't have sleeves, so I had to make them up myself.
I left the sleeves for last measuring the size on Peggy Sue as I went along.
The first time I didn't quite get the sleeve length right, so undid the garter stitch rows and did a few more rows of stocking stitch.
The end result was very satisfying and a really nice fit. I had to laugh when I saw this photo and the cheeky monkey reaching out to the candle...good thing it is lit! I also think Anne-Marie is hoping she will get the next knitted dress!
I added buttons to the front for detail
I now feel like I have really made a proper winter dress for Peggy Sue with long sleeves.