Wednesday 26 December 2012

Two Christmas dolls

We all had a lovely family Christmas with my MIL and her partner coming round for a scrumptious Christmas dinner and then my Aunt and Uncle came round in the evening for Christmas tea.  It was the first time we have had Christmas here for a long time and I really loved the day.  It was good to be busy.

I was really lucky as I received two dolls for Christmas, so have two more lovely models to knit for.


The first was American Girl Historical doll Caroline, who has the most glorious blonde curly hair.   I can't wait to get her out of her dress though and make her something.  I might try the Lime Sherbert knitted dress that I made the other day on her, to see if it suits her.


My husband gave this lovely girl to me, isn't he a sweetheart?!

Next up is the sweet little Les Cheries Corolle Clara, now my other Corolle doll Chloe has a friend.  It is lovely to have another model this size to knit and sew for.  I think in the coming year I might try to sell some more of my doll clothes to see if I can earn a little 'pocket money'.


I love her red hair and cute little freckles.


Quite a little cutie.

Wasn't I spoilt?!



5 comments:

  1. Congrats! I love both of your new girls! What a sweet hubby you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...and Mother in Law! :-) Although have to admit that hubby bought the present for her, and then she paid him for it as she wouldn't have known where and what to look for.

      Delete
  2. These are wonderful presents, and I'm sure you will enjoy them both. I know my Caroline blossomed when I redressed her. Both will be fun to sew and knit for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she will indeed as I've already changed here into the 'Lime Sherbert' dress I knitted the other week and she looks so much better in it. Did you rename yours? I think I will rename mine...

      Delete
  3. My fave is the auburn haired girl with freckles. Wonderful presents.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I hope you have enjoyed it.