Monday 29 October 2012

Doll Inventory - Introducing Flora

Continuing with my Doll Inventory...

I have been doing pretty well with the sorting out of my dolls.  I still have another lot that I want to try to weed down somewhat, but am starting to feel a lot more settled about the direction I am going in, and what I want to keep.  I'm not going to say this out loud, but I think Percival is going to be on the hunt out for a new home.  Of my two BJD dolls, I much prefer Jacob, I like his weight and size and the way he fits my hand, and I really only need the one.    I also have a pretty little Penny Brite (possibly clone) who will be hunting for a home, I will keep my original one (at this stage).  I really want to cut down to a number I feel comfortable with and can interact with and involve in my doll play and stories.  (I'm not counting my Sasha dolls in this lot as they come under a separate 'umbrella' at this stage and I have so far managed to sell seven of those which was very hard, although if I am really honest with myself, there is only one of those that I kind of wish I hadn't rushed into selling and miss)

This sweetheart is a keeper.  Her name is Flora and she is 'Floradora' an Armand Marseille Bisque headed doll.  She is marked on the back of her head:
Made in Germany
Armand Marseille
DRGM 246/1
Floradora
A 1 1/2 M

Her arms are wooden and her body and legs are composite.

She is a relatively new edition to my doll family, but as soon as she came out of her travelling box, I just knew she would be a keeper.

She arrived in what I am thinking is quite possibly her original underwear.  Which was badly stained and needed to be soaked and washed carefully.


She is 15 inches tall.


I think she has quite a friendly approachable face (although I am sure my husband would disagree!)


Rather stocky thighs, a bit like mine are becoming with age!


She has never had any clothes made for her, so I am going to add dressing her to my 'To Do' list.

I really don't know anything about these dolls at all, and should do some research.  I'm fairly sure this doll here  where I have asked for identification is also an AM doll, having since looked at her marks.  She of course is in a sorrier state as can be seen in the photos on that blog post.  (I am a big softy when it comes to waifs and strays!)

My Doll Inventory so far...

Anne-Marie - Miss Dolly Schoenhut - 21 inches
Mabel - Roddy Walker - 10 inches
So Sweet Sandie - Galoob Baby Face No. 1
So Surprised Suzie- Galoob Baby Face No. 2
Armand Marseille - Floradora - 15 inches

2 comments:

  1. Floradora is adorable! She will make a great friend or little sister for Anne-Marie.

    I think you are doing such a great job with pairing down and keeping up with your goals.

    Keep up the good work! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the floradora's I have seen have had leather bodies, so this is unusual and special! She is lovely and has such beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I hope you have enjoyed it.