Friday 25 January 2013

Peggy Sue's Hand Surgery - Part One

One of the things that really had disappointed me about Peggy Sue was her hands.


The paint work is dreadful and has filled in the gaps between her fingers.


I just wanted to see if I could improve them so thought I would start by removing the paint.


This is the first stage...


Already I an see an improvement and hopefully the potential to what they will look like once finished.


She obviously lost a thumb from her left hand at some point and has had a replacement made.


This might scupper my ideas of leaving her with natural hands...or perhaps I may be able to stain the thumb a similar colour to the rest of her hand.  Still it is early days yet.  A lot of work still has to be done.


2 comments:

  1. You are braver than I am! Sally is missing a pinky finger on one hand. I think the repair is charming, but I understand wanting her to look uniform. Good luck with the repair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the first step. The painting was pretty gunky so a good go in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I hope you have enjoyed it.